Are you looking to further your career with an established industry leader that fits a certain niche? At Red River Concrete we strive to make our company a welcoming, fun environment to be
a part of. We are a family oriented tight knit group who puts God first and team second as our focus for success. We were founded in 2007 and have grown steadily over the years because of
relationships built with honesty and integrity.
For all positions listed the successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, be self motivated, with the ability to effectively prioritize work to ensure that all tasks and
projects are completed on time with the utmost attention and integrity to supporting the project operations . If you possess these qualities we would love to meet you.
If you would like and opportunity for an interview please send resumes to email@example.com for review. Job duties and qualifications for each position in the
company are listed here. Thank you for choosing our team to be considered for a job in our organization.
The project manager will provide oversight for concrete phases of construction
projects including coordinating and managing job site team, material and equipment; and ensuring that specifications are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule, within budget, and with the
highest level of quality. The project manager position reports directly to the owner/operator and is a highly visible position with responsibilities that impact the short and long term profit or loss
of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a formal budget using the given take-offs and bid phase budgets
- Develop and maintain a project schedule
- Prepare or direct the preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts for concrete materials and labor; this includes concrete, rebar, post-tensioning, formwork,
and any other miscellaneous concrete materials. Participate in negotiations related to these items as necessary.
- Coordinate all aspects of concrete construction with the owner and general contractor including submitting and coordinating all project schedules, pay
applications, change orders, submittals and approvals, and RFIs.
- Represent Red River Concrete in project meetings, labor negotiations, and other meetings necessary for project completion.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.)
- Work with the superintendent to ensure that forming systems are coordinated with the engineer of record and are fully engineered and safe.
- Coordinate concrete work with other trades and testing agencies on site.
- Work with superintendents, foremen, and safety managers to ensure a safe work environment and a high-quality product.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- 5+ years experience of commercial construction managment required
- The ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
- To demonstrate a thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, and their impact on vital project activities
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be business-oriented
Must be well spoken, professional able to handle volumes of commercial concrete work in an efficient and productive way. Also have the ability to ensure accurate estimates for all types of
commercial concrete work given that the work load can be quite extensive.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Bid on Slab on Grade, Structural Concrete, Piers, Retaining Walls, Tilt Walls, Paving, Site Work,
- Prepare Conceptual Budgets if needed
- Negotiated Pre-Construction Agreements
- Work with Project Management and subcontractors to create schedule
- Coordinate job walks and discuss the project with key trades for accurate pricing
- Prepare Negotiated and Hard Bids
- Review bid documents (plans & specs) for accuracy, completeness and special project
- Coordinate job walk and discuss project with key trades
- Generate RFIs for plans and price change orders
- Review takeoffs
- Minimum of 5 years experience of commercial concrete estimating
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Understanding Commercial Concrete Contract Plans and Specifications
- Understanding Scope of Work Structural and Site Work
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Very Strong Verbal and Written Skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced commercial concrete environment
- Ability to work as a team player and independently
Field Management / Superintendant:
As a field manager you must be
highly organized, thorough, and detailed-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks. The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication
and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Assist project manager with developing and implementing project procedures,
budgets, schedules, and standards.
- Review and understand detailed construction drawings from all types of
- Review the work for conformance with the specifications, acceptable levels
of quality, budgets, safety, and schedule.
- Determine method of construction, material requirements and
- Determine the Foreman/Staff needed to maintain the schedule and properly
supervise the work.
- Coordinate, plan, and supervise work force and subcontractors; recruits and
trains field team members.
- Meet with each subcontractor prior to starting work to review contract,
scope, budget and schedule.
- Schedule all initial deliveries and subcontractors needed for the
- Be mindful of equipment on rent. Get off Rent ASAP.
- Supervise all phases of the work performed by the Company and its
- Maintain all Daily Logs and Pictures for review when needed.
- Review and Maintain Budget Projections in order to meet quota requirements
for the month
- Develop & maintain relationships with the Architect, Owner, Local
Authorities, Building Inspectors, and Subcontractor Representatives.
- Inform the Project Manager of all Owner or Architect requested changes or
other conditions which will impact cost or schedule.
- Review and approve all subcontractor, supplier, and miscellaneous material
invoices; verify correct subcontract amounts and previous paid, along with quantities, unit price, and extensions.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date files and shop drawings for the field
office. (As Builts)
- Notify the Project Manager in a timely fashion with regard to any and all
significant problem areas on the project.
- Maintain a clean, orderly site which will be conductive to a safe and
- Prepare punch lists prior to the Architect’s walk through; verify that all
punch list items and remedial work are expeditiously performed on completion of the project.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience specializing in commercial concrete
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Ability to travel and work for extended periods of time on projects outside
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as with customers and
- Detail oriented with the ability to efficiently analyze and organize significant
amounts of information regarding plan layouts, material deliveries, and jobsite productivities
- Ability to track job costs and maintain budget requirements